Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Odyssey Final Thoughts and Reactions
I felt that I didn't really get anything out of the book. I felt like Minerva was just playing with the people as toys for her own fun, and as the result people died. I felt like the "climax" wasn't even very climatic. Homer just wrote about how the suitors died, and how he plotted revenge, in a very slow boring way. Something that really bothered me about the story is that often Ulysses would say I will tell you the truth then lie to peoples faces when he was pretending to be someone else. Though the end was supposed to be the most exciting part, I enjoyed reading about Ulysses adventures when he was trying to get home more. Then the book just ends with all of the people becoming friends, I just didn't understand the point of the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The way that he wrote--how you described to be short and boring--is probably a culture or time difference, but I agree that a lot of things were unnecessarily drawn out. I also know how much you stress about him lying to people (you gripe about it all the time :P) and I also agree with you there.
ReplyDeleteI like how your blog entry was honest instead of just blindly saying you like it since that's what they want you to say :P